Adopted 19 September 2014
Reference to the OPNFV Project is a reference to the aggregation of all of the sub-projects that are accepted by the OPNFV Technical Steering Committee (“TSC”) as a part of The Open Platform for NFV Project.
The Open Platform for NFV Project seeks to integrate and contribute back to other open source projects within the scope of an open source framework delivering the functionality needed for NFV. Based on this design goal for the OPNFV Project, the development community will:
- conform to all license requirements of the open source projects leveraged within the framework; and
- operate to maximize opportunities for compatibility with other projects that might be leveraged in the framework.
Except as may be approved by the Board:
- All new code contributions to the OPNFV Project shall be made under the Apache License, Version 2.0 available at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0. All contributions of source code to the OPNFV Project will be accompanied by a Developers Certificate of Origin (DCO, available at http://developercertificate.org) that is submitted through a Board-approved contribution process which will bind the authorized contributor and, if not self-employed, their employer to the licenses expressly granted in the Apache License, Version 2.0, only with respect to such contribution, with no limitation, estoppel or effect on any other member of OPNFV
- All outbound code will be made available under the Apache License, Version 2.0.
- All documentation will be received and made available by the OPNFV Project under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Except for the member’s commitment to be bound by this Policy with respect to its or its employees’ authorized contributions to OPNFV, no license is granted by the member to its intellectual property, and none shall be implied by general membership in the OPNFV.
If an alternative inbound or outbound license is required for compliance with the license for a leveraged open source project or is otherwise required to achieve the OPNFV Project’s objectives, the Board may approve the use of an alternative license for inbound or outbound contributions on an exception basis. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain exception approval.